General discussion

PCAnywhere 10.5

By LAShel596 ·
Almost 10 years ago I used PCAnywhere to have the ability to open into the files from my office computers while i was at my house. I want to be able to do that again. I dont know much about the operations of Linux and Unix. I am trying to teach myself slowly. Are there any other programs that may be better for my AMD Athlon XP 1600+ ?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

9 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

PCAnywhere 10.5

by True_Texan In reply to PCAnywhere 10.5

I don't know of any software that's better than PCAnywhere, but you might also take a look at Proxy. I don't think that Proxy has as many features and functions as PCAnywhere, but it also doesn't require nearly as much overhead.

Hope this helps!

Collapse -

PCAnywhere 10.5

by LAShel596 In reply to PCAnywhere 10.5

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

PCAnywhere 10.5

by bg4 In reply to PCAnywhere 10.5

I have a Linux server that is used by a friend from a dial up connection. We use pppd and samba and he is able to use the Linux machine as if it was on a local network. He uses a windows workstation and maps the Linux server as if it were a windows drive. He can then run software as if it were local (albeit slowly). I use both Linux and windows work stations to do the same. The same results can be achieved using a VPN and the internet. You would need a Linux machine at the office for this to work.

Hope this helps.

Collapse -

PCAnywhere 10.5

Collapse -

PCAnywhere 10.5

by InXale In reply to PCAnywhere 10.5
Collapse -

PCAnywhere 10.5

Collapse -

PCAnywhere 10.5

by rouse In reply to PCAnywhere 10.5

PcAnywhere works great on windows, but if you are trying to find an equivilent for your linux box, use SSH. I run this server on my linux box at home and connect to it with my windows pc from the office. Once connected, I can launch any app thats onmy linux box. Also, if you are connected via cable or dsl, you can have multiple simultaneous connections to your linux box. For a windows client to your ssh, I like putty. Go to google and do a search each on ssh and putty. You'll really like it.

Collapse -

PCAnywhere 10.5

Collapse -

PCAnywhere 10.5

This question was auto closed due to inactivity

Back to Linux Forum
9 total posts (Page 1 of 1)