General discussion

PCMCIA MTD-0002 instead of Belkin PCMCIA?

By ScarlettAL ·
We have a Dell laptop running Win2k that we have previously used a Belkin PCMCIA network card with successfully. After installing a Windows update (SP3 we think), the computer now will only recognize the card as 'PCMCIA MTD-0002', and of course says the Belkin drivers are not correct since it does not think it is a Belkin card. I have been on the phone with Dell and Belkin, and both are of no help. I found this on a newsgroup:

"It seems that I solved the problem, with the hotfix for Win2k on one of the support CDs. I think that the problem come up with the installation of SP2. SP1 is preinstalled. SP2 uses a "older" PCCard.vxd than the hotfix of the
support CD."

With Dell, I have tried to find the correct driver for the cardbus slot, but found nothing. We reinstalled the chipset, and nothing.

I have searched Microsoft's Knowledge base and found nothing. They did show this issue with Compaq laptops, but it was and issue with Pheonix Bios and soundblaster, which is not the situation here.

Any ideas on how to get this laptop to recognize the card correctly again?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by jaboy78 In reply to PCMCIA MTD-0002 instead o ...

try to download the win2k SP4...it will solve the problem...

Collapse -

by ScarlettAL In reply to

I had already done this, and the problem is still there. I have tried getting the older drivers off the Windows 2000 SP1 installation disk, and it is still them same. For some reason, the computer will only recognize the card incorrectly. I guess I could reinstall the OS, but then after downloading/installing all the Windows Updates, I would be back at the same point.

Collapse -

by ScarlettAL In reply to PCMCIA MTD-0002 instead o ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Hardware Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)