General discussion

Peer to Peer Network- Windows 2000 pro

By Clarkkent ·
I had 4 PCs connected to a switches, We assigned static IP address each PCs. Two of the PCs O/S are Windows 2000 pro and the other two is Win95. One of the PC has to be the host for internet sharing connection which use (O/S WiN2000 pro)but the problem is when you explore the network neighborhood is showing only 3 PCs? the 1 PC which have winpro2000 can't see on the neighborhood. but when i try to ping this machine(winpro00) its replying. It means the connection is their but can't find in the windows screen neighborhood? why is that?

secondly, is windows 95 can share an internet connection? if yes, what is the simplest way to do it.?

third, can i used winpro2000 as a server host of internet connection?, and if i want to connect to the network why is it the domain name is not appearing while im logging in?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by Clarkkent In reply to Peer to Peer Network- Win ...

I would appreciate all your help.

Collapse -

by The Dreamer In reply to Peer to Peer Network- Win ...

Hi Superman!
One plausible reason why your Win2k Pro machine is not being seen in Network Neighborhood is that the Server service may not be running. Check in the services whether the Server service is running. If it is already running, try restarting it.

For your second question, Windows 95 can benefit from Internet Sharing Connection. You can create a shared connection on one of your Win2k pro machines and set to be available to all users. Then in the TCP/IP properties of your Win95 machine set the Win2k Pro machine as the default gateway.That's about it. For detailed information, check Microsoft's Knowledge Base article Q234815. I hope this helps.

Collapse -

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

by Davieboy In reply to Peer to Peer Network- Win ...

try installing netbeui protocol ... you can definately see the computers in the my network places

Collapse -

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

This question was auto closed due to inactivity

Back to Windows Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)