General discussion

Permenant 100% CPU

By MickySimoncini ·
Hi,
I was hoping you could help with my pc response problem. I have a PII 350 and I 128MB of memory. I installed MEMTURBO 2 the other day and my CPU usage seems to be at 100% at all times even with no applications running. I was wondering if there anything I can try or something I can edit to stop this and increase the response of my PC.

Thanks in advance

Micky

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

11 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Permenant 100% CPU

by DoubleDown In reply to Permenant 100% CPU

uninstall memturbo 2.

Collapse -

Permenant 100% CPU

by MickySimoncini In reply to Permenant 100% CPU

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

Permenant 100% CPU

by Saxman642 In reply to Permenant 100% CPU

You could try removing applications running in the background and see if that helps...(use msconfig in windows 9

Otherwise you should uninstall and reinstall.

Collapse -

Permenant 100% CPU

Collapse -

Permenant 100% CPU

by spiceman In reply to Permenant 100% CPU

If removing Memturbo 2 solves the problem, but you still want to use it try this:
1)note down the service(s) that are using 100% of CPU. e.g. if there are 2 of them then about 50% would show for each service. If you had NT use task manager to find out and then go into control manual and services and then change the start up for the service to manual.

2) Upgrade the BIOS for motherboard so it can support latest hardware and software. Find out name and model and then check it on the manufacturer's website. Upgrade the BIOS with the instructions specific for the board.

By the way what is MEMTURBO 2 - software or hardware. If the above does not solve the problem I would consider returning it and getting some other alternative. Better touse more real RAM then software boost of some sort.

Good luck

Collapse -

Permenant 100% CPU

Collapse -

Permenant 100% CPU

by richard In reply to Permenant 100% CPU

You don't say what os you are running, but if you press ctrl-alt-del in win95/98/nt you will have an opportunity to see the programs running. NT will allow you to sort the list by CPU usage and you will nail the offending culprit immediately. Win 95/8 will require you to end task one at a time to find which one is the problem.

Collapse -

Permenant 100% CPU

Collapse -

Permenant 100% CPU

by bryan_hartman In reply to Permenant 100% CPU

If you have network associates virus scan loaded try removing it There are some known problems with the new dat files and some of the scan engines that cause 100% utilization

Collapse -

Permenant 100% CPU

Back to Desktop Forum
11 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next