Question

Permissions/Ownership of a Distribution List Generated in Outlook 2007

By Canuckster ·
I have a person who created a distribution list in their Outlook 2007 and then emailed it to another person within the same network. The person who received the DL is also using Outlook 2007, and both using Vista. The recepient has had no problem adding the DL to their Contacts Group (we have tried both dragging and dropping as well the Save As option). However, when they try to modify the contact info in any member of that DL, they receive the message that they do not have sufficient permissions. As part of the trouble shooting I have made this person a local Admin on the PC but with no luck. How do I allow the person receiving a distribution list the right to modify the contents on their local machine?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

It has to be done by

by IC-IT In reply to Permissions/Ownership of ...

An Exchange Admin or the owner of the List.
Edited because I submitted when I didn't want to (PICNIC).

Dependant on the Exchange setup; AD can manage the permissions or it can be done with powershell. Anyhow here is a link;

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb125178.aspx

Collapse -

Thanks but no joy

by Canuckster In reply to It has to be done by

The DL was created in Outlook and therefore consists of contacts and not mailboxes from the Exchange server. As a result the DL does not appear on the Exchange server and its permissions and ownership cannot be modified on the server.
The properties of the DL must be somewhere in Outlook 2007 itself or perhaps the Vista OS.

Back to Windows Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)