Question

photofast cr-5400 won't format for psp

By haxdnoob ·
i got a 16 GB Micro SDHC card, and the mentioned adapter in the subject; i put it in the adapter in slot 1, and i put it in my psp to format

naturally, it tries to format but it says there is either no mem stick, or it says "format failed" (80220087)

also, when i put it in, strange enough, it says there is 14 GB of PSP memory left (it isn't formatted at that time, or is it?), and i can usually use it like it is if it was formatted, but there was a difference between my 1 GB card, and the impromptu card

my 1 GB card had these file filders named PSP, VIDEO, BOOK, and so on and so on

but my photofast 16 GB card (i have a 16 GB Micro SDHC card [sandisk brand] ) doesn't have ANY folders on it

also, if it helps by any means, i got the adapter on ebay; it said it was new

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

I would test the card in a PC

by robo_dev In reply to photofast cr-5400 won't f ...

If the PC can format and read it, then it's not a fake, most likely. If not, then I hope you paid with PayPal.

Some of the memory-stick to SDHC adapters only allow a maximum of 8GB. A lot depends on the exact PSP model.

If the folders don't show up, I would guess that the file system is corrupt on the device.

Collapse -

UPDATE!!!

by haxdnoob In reply to I would test the card in ...

i just got my 2nd micro SDHC card (16 GB) in, and i have tested it in one slot, and it didn't work, so i switched the slots and they worked; it now says it has 29 GB of space in it, but i still can't psp format it

is there some kind of software that can format a mem stick to be psp compatable that can be used on a pc

i mean is there a pc program that can format a memory stick pro duo or something of the like to be psp usable

Collapse -

??? wha....

by haxdnoob In reply to UPDATE!!!

i racked my brain on figuring this out, but even though it says magic gate unknown, i thought it wouldn't work, but it did

im done with this question, as if i try to figure out how this works, im probably going to get a complicated answer that ill get a headache over

Collapse -

Sorry for chiming in late with some thoughts

by TobiF In reply to ??? wha....

If you sometime gets a chance to borrow an unused card for 8 GB, then you could try to format it, as a way to check if your combination has issues with too large cards.

Collapse -

meh

by haxdnoob In reply to Sorry for chiming in late ...

alright then, my bro has a 4 GB micro sdhc card, so when i get the chance, ill see if it has any data on it, then ill test it on my adapter to see if there is an issue with it

Back to Hardware Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)