General discussion

PIII 800Mhz conflict

By RoadRunnerChaser ·
I am getting mixed reports from "gateway", "intell", and "hp". Gateway desktop (special build) PIII800mhz and a hp all in one G85xi (usb). The OS is WinME. The story from gateway is that there is a "known" problem with the 800 chipset that intel canhelp with. Intel gives the blame back to Gateway. HP gave me the drivers that I already have. Still no go on any of the functions on the all in one machine. My first instinct says to get rid of ME, but my company doesn't want to expand the lic. agreement to this person, because they telecommute.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

PIII 800Mhz conflict

by chriswales In reply to PIII 800Mhz conflict

Some USB chipsets are known by HP to have issues. If the chipset is an Intel 82801AA, BA or BAM chipset, or a VIA chipset, review and perform the corrective steps below.

Intel 82801AA, BA, or BAM
Computers with this chipset may identify the all-in-one but fail to print or scan. Try substituting the Intel 82801AB driver for the existing USB UHC driver. Locate and click the Universal Serial Bus Controller
Double-click Universal Host Controller entry and select the Driver tab of the Universal Host Controller Properties.
Select Update Driver and click Next.
Select the second option to display a list of drivers, and select the desired driver. Click Next.
Click Show all hardware.
Intel should be selected from the list of manufacturers and select 82801AB USB Host Controller from the models information. Click Next to continue and follow the directions to complete the installation of the new driver.]

Collapse -

PIII 800Mhz conflict

by RoadRunnerChaser In reply to PIII 800Mhz conflict

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

PIII 800Mhz conflict

by tekguy610 In reply to PIII 800Mhz conflict

If what the guy above says doesnt work I would highly recommend going to 2k pro. ME is very unstable and doesnt like software or hardware very much.

Collapse -

PIII 800Mhz conflict

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

PIII 800Mhz conflict

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Related Forums