General discussion

Planar PE191m

By wescrock ·
Hello,
I have 2 Planar PE191m moniters here at work that both have broken backlights... when I turn on the moniter, the screen appears briefley, and then goes dark... If I look hard enough, I can see the image, but it is very very faint and very very dark... This means that it is a problem wiht the backlight inverter... correct? If so, does anyone know where I can get a replacement for it? I called Planar sales and the guy said they dont release parts... I thought that this was pretty rediculous... no do-it-yourselfer like I am can repair a moniter... lame...

any sujestions?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by Jim_P In reply to Planar PE191m

That's bad, if you can't buy parts, that is going to make it difficult for you to fix, usually backlights not being "lit" can be caused by faulty inverters. Now the next thing to find out, is to dissassemble your LCD screen, and see if the LCD screen itself is actually a Planer screen, it just maybe made by another company, or you might be able to find an inverter that will work with this screen.
See how you go.

Kind Regards,
Jim

Collapse -

by wescrock In reply to

I have taken the screen apart... I will check again for the maker... I figured it was the backlight inverter... I'll try looking again though.
Thanks

Collapse -

by zlitocook In reply to Planar PE191m

A quick check on Google I found three companys with replacement parts here is one that looks good.
http://www.computergiants.com/get_index.asp?letter=9

Collapse -

by wescrock In reply to

they dont have inverters... i have checked google... and no dice

Collapse -

Planar PE191m

by rmazac In reply to Planar PE191m

I have the same monitor when i happened upon this problem as well as the fact that it will not turn on period. The backlights are an easy problem to fix, just go to this page

http://www.epo-ecp.com/index.html

i go there often and i have seen a box or two full of the lights used in these types of monitors

and yes i do realize that you posted this last year and have already fixed the problem or gone out and bought a new one

Collapse -

Planar PE191M

by braccus In reply to Planar PE191m

I had to replace caps 114,115 107 in power supply section. Now when turning on monitor I get "NO VIDEO" message , then after a few seconds it goes to power saving mode , any suggestions on restoring normal operation?

Back to Hardware Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)