Question

Plesk 9.2.2 memory errors. Help!

By martinjglover ·
Hi guys,

I'm having real difficulties with a Virtual Server provided to me by EasySpace in that its running Plesk 9.2.2 and works absolutely fine until it has been used for a few minutes. Then it appears to run out of memory.

After a fresh reboot of the container (which is required before I can do any sort of work on the machine) the spec/load etc:

Parallels Plesk Panel version 9.2.2
Operating system Linux 2.6.18-028stab060.8
CPU GenuineIntel, Intel(R) Xeon(R)CPU E7320 @ 2.13GHz
Average load 0.76; 0.23; 0.08
Disk space 36.9 GB free of 38.1 GB
Memory 144.6 MB free of 512.0 MB

My issue is after a period of usage (and by no means intensive - create a domain, add a mailbox etc) I start getting out of memory errors and then the message "The service is not available now.

Looking at the Virtuozzo resources, the logs show the oomguarpages are in the red zone.
oomguarpages 62,540 26,112 maximum 4KB pages Out-of-memory guarantee
privvmpages 110,923 131,072 131,072 4KB pages Size of Container private memory

Now as far as I'm concerned this is a Plesk misconfiguartion issue which Easyspace should resolve as this has happended ever since getting the VPS set up. Their answer was to give me a free upgrade which gives me more RAM (512Mb instead of 384Mb) however this still has not fixed it and the problem is still there.

Can anyone advise where else I can check configuration wise or do I sack them off as a provider and set myself up with another VPS company?

Thanks in advance.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

late

by moopants In reply to Plesk 9.2.2 memory errors ...

i know its years later but im having same issue with same provider. How did you resolve it, in the end?

Collapse -

Have you looked at your Disk space?

Your specs on your Disk space 36.9 GB free of 38.1 GB .
I would get a bigger Harddrive if i were you if at all possible.
Also more memory the better. But this will cost though.
Drop them and go for another web based unit. Or build one yourself, build your own server out of any computer.

Back to Networks Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)