General discussion

• Creator
    Topic

pop3 is unable to communicate with Exchange 2003

by mudassar_akram ·

outlook 2003 pop3 Account is unable to communicate with Exchange 2003 – Problem only with newly created Emails with Exchange 2003

Can anybody help. i am in great trouble having this problem…….

I recently joined a new firm where exchange server 2003 is using just for internal communication.

there are around 30 users (Emails) already configured with outlook 2003 pop3 account to communicate via exchange server 2003 and all are properly working.

Problem starts here, as follows….

Now after few days i need to create 3 new users(Emails).

1- I go to AD Snap-in in Exchange server 2003 computer where i create 3 users e.g user1, user2 and user3 and hence the Exchange Email box e.g user1@abc.com, user2@abc.com, and user3@abc.com successfully.

Now assume for only user1 (user1@abc.com)

2- Now I go to client machine and add a new outlook pop3 account for user1@abc.com

Your name:Mudassar
    Email Address:user1@abc.com
    Incoming mail server(POP3):192.168.1.8 (Exchange Sever 2003 PC)
    Outgoing mail server(SMTP):192.168.1.8 (Exchange Sever 2003 PC)
    User name:user1
    Password:123456
    Remember password is Checked & Log on using secure password authentication(SPA) is Unchecked.

3- Now when I press the button ‘Test Account Settings…’, A prompt ‘Enter Network password’ is opened again and again after not accepting the logon credentials for user1 which was

Serve:192.168.1.8
    user:user1
    password:123456

Please note that all the other settings are absolutely correct and are just same as for the old Emails already working OK.

Also note that in the same client machine if i re-configure any old Email (which was working OK) in Outlook 2003, it works fine 100%, i mean it accepts Logon Credentials and hence send and receive mails, but when configure any of the new account it gives the above problem.

Also I matched the newly created users settings with the old ones in Active Directory and both are same.

Same Issue with OWA. After three attempts of login, Explorer returns me the following error.

http/1.1 403 unauthorized
    But when login with old Email users then it works fine.

It seems that the Ex-administrator put a tight security anywhere at the time of leaving the firm or what else settings in Exchange System manager that i am still unable to catch.

I also tried exchange Email account instead of POP3 and when i put the new user name in the ‘check name’ box it gives me error i.e ‘The name could not be resolved. The name could not be matched to a name in the address list’.

But when put old User name and press ‘check name’, it resolves successfully.

If Anybody GURU there of Exchange 2003 then Pls help this brother, cuz i am totally stuck cuz of this issue. And ofcourse THX in advance for the PPL who love to care others.

Mudassar Akram.
    [MOD EDIT EMAIL REMOVED]

All Comments

• Author
    Replies

Repost as ‘Q&A’

by hal 9000 ·

In reply to pop3 is unable to communicate with Exchange 2003

Try reposting this in the ‘Q&A’ forum. The ‘Discussion’ forum is for matters of general discussion, not specific problems in search of a solution. The ‘Water Cooler’ is for non-technical discussions. You can submit a question to ‘Q&A’ here:

http://www.techrepublic.com/forum/questions/post?tag=mantle_skin;content

There are TR members who specifically seek out problems in need of a solution. Although there is some overlap between the forums, you’ll find more of those members in ‘Q&A’ than in ‘Discussions’ or ‘Water Cooler’.

Be sure to use the voting buttons to provide your feedback. Voting a ‘+’ does not necessarily mean that a given response contained the complete solution to your problem, but that it served to guide you toward it. This is intended to serve as an aid to those who may in the future have a problem similar to yours. If they have a ready source of reference available, perhaps won’t need to repeat questions previously asked and answered. If a post did contain the solution to your problem, you can also close the question by marking the helpful post as “The Answer”.

Viewing 0 reply threads