General discussion

Powerpoint 2000 organisational charts

By Aoife ·
I have a training room with 16 computers all running the same OS windows XP, with Office 2000 professional. Office 2000 was installed using a custom instillation, the ?Run all from my computer? was selected for all applications, and the application was installed on each pc not from a server.

When I log on as an administrator I can use the organisational charts in PowerPoint, but if I log on under any other account the org charts wont work, you will get a list of the following errors.

1. Unable to load ms org chart
2. powerpoint cant start the application required to open this application, an error occurred this feature is no longer functioning properly, would you like to repair. When you click on the yes button the next message will appear
3. error 1706
4. powerpoint cant start the application required to open this application, due to windows installer error 1603
5. the server application source file or item cant be found or returned an unknown error. You may need to reinstall the server application.

Please note while the errors are appearing the Office 2000 disk is in the pc.

Please help this is driving me crazy

Aoife

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by ShelleyT In reply to Powerpoint 2000 organisat ...

Possibly this might be a windows installer error that I have encountered before but with a different error number. You could try these steps and see if they resolve your dilemma. Right click 'My Computer', click 'Manage', double click 'Services', look down the list for "Windows Installer", right click and choose "start" then run the install.
If it works, then the internet pixie is alive and well!

Back to Desktop Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)