General discussion

PowerPoint 2000 Question

By gthomas ·
I create presentations for my company's seminars. In the past I've used many different .wav files which, when saved to disk for transport or saved on the presenter's laptop, worked fine.

However, I've recently learned a new technique of going to "Insert", "Movies and Sound", "Sound from Gallery" and have discovered all sorts of sound files from the MUSIC section of the gallery.

As I said, the .wav files work fine but when I put a .mid into the presentation, and emailed it to the presenter for review, it did not play on his computer. Yet, when I brought it back up, it played fine on mine.

The technique is great because you can insert a .mid music file to play a short song for say, the title slide only for the title and make it quit once the slide is advanced or, make one bullet point have a certain .mid music sound and then the rest come in without music to stress the first bullet.

Can someone help me with this? I've got to figure out what the problem is soon (deadlines,deadlines, deadlines

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

PowerPoint 2000 Question

by cstevens In reply to PowerPoint 2000 Question

the person you emailed it to might not have support for .mid music files. I know it sounds funny, but with all the variations in technology there are, it still is a possibility.

Collapse -

PowerPoint 2000 Question

by gthomas In reply to PowerPoint 2000 Question

I've sent the presentation to more than one person. When I run the slide show it says that the file is not available on their computer. This tells me that they have to have it on their computer for it to play. However, I have .wav files on my computer that they don't have and they play fine.

Collapse -

PowerPoint 2000 Question

by gthomas In reply to PowerPoint 2000 Question

There's got to be a way to be able to play the presentation on other's computers. If their computer can play .wav's, why not .mid's? What will I need to do?

Back to Windows Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)