Question

Powerpoint 2003 Sound File Problem

By holmesweet ·
I am working on a large slide show for a 40th Wedding Anniversary with numerous sound files playing background music throughout the presentation. For some reason, when viewing the show (despite placing in an end time for each sound file by selecting 'stop playing after x amount of slides') each song plays in it's entirety, causing the music to overlap. I am not sure why it is doing this or how to stop it? Can you please offer any advice as to how I might correct this? I would be ever so grateful.

Thank you in advance for your wisdom : )
Kelly

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Try the...

by boxfiddler Moderator In reply to Powerpoint 2003 Sound Fil ...

'Loop until' setting, and configure your music that way. Loop until next song, loop until next sound...

Also it is important to carefully configure where the next song begins in correlation to the last song. Start after previous would be the setting to look for. Also, you could try setting a delay between songs.

I hope this helps, using that goofy 07 version now and so all my 03 stuff seems to have morphed into something else.

Collapse -

Thank you for the suggestions!

by holmesweet In reply to Try the...

I will give them a try and let you know my results.

Thank you again!
Kelly

Collapse -

Still no luck correcting music overlap, any other ideas?

by holmesweet In reply to Powerpoint 2003 Sound Fil ...

I am sure I am missing something, but I don't know what it is? I have placed stop playing loops on all of the sound files, I have also followed the other advice, unfortunately the music is still overlapping.

Collapse -

Send me a peer mail, please.

by boxfiddler Moderator In reply to Still no luck correcting ...

I teach PowerPoint, but we are working 07 and I have one of those brains that has to look at it. I will respond, and then you can send me the presentation as an attachment, directly. How much time do you have to finish this off?

To peer me, just click 'Send message' in this window.

edit the usual

Back to Hardware Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Related Forums