Question

PRINT SPOOLER ERROR!!! Deminsion 4600

By missrowegreen ·
Please help. I havent printed in two months!! All of a sudden a ways back my computer started saying print spooler service is not running. If I try to reinstall a printer it says the same message. I have tried soing into msconfig to manually re-enable it but it wont allow me to. Can anybody help me??????????? PLEASE.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Print Spooler Service could be disabled

by wanttocancel In reply to PRINT SPOOLER ERROR!!! De ...

For Vista go into Control Panel>System and Matainence>Admin Tools>Services

For XP go into Control Panel>Admin Tools>Services

Check to see if Print Spooler is enabled. If it's not enable it (double click on it and choose Start.

Also check on the tab Log On that the box Local System Account and Interact with Desktop are checked.

If the system won't let you enable it double click back on Print Spooler, choose the last tab Dependencies and see if the other services that Print Spooler depends on are working (usually HTTP, RPC and DCOM Server). If those aren't enabled try to enable those.

If you can't enable those services I would try to do a Windows System Restore, not a full system restore. You could've installed an update that didn't play well with your system. I've had luck with computers with services not running and couldn't be enabled by restoring them back to an earlier date and then working.

Collapse -

Thanks so much!!!

by missrowegreen In reply to Print Spooler Service cou ...

WOW!!! I can print again. You are truly a life saver. Thanks so much! Enjoy your evening & God Bless.

Back to Peripheral Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)