General discussion

Print to shared printer from/thru W2000

By Plzhelp ·
I have a lan that accesses a main server. This lan has a docked laptop running Win2000 which has a 3 in 1 Compaq3000 printer attached via USB. The printer is shared - I have been able to install and print from Win98 workstation on the lan, but whenI try to print from another Win2000 workstation it connects, the printer giggles, and then the print job disappears into thin air. No sign of it anywhere and it does not print. I know it is laughing at me.... Any ideas or suggestions? I have checked users, permissions,- I have installed the software direct on the computer in question but still get the same results.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by rharrison In reply to Print to shared printer f ...

I've had a similar problem with an HP OfficeJet K Series MFC. The way I got it all to work is to install the printer DIRECTLY, via USB, to the W2K workstation. Then I simply changed the port, via the port tab in the printer settings, to point to the port on the PC where it is shared.

Hope this helps.

Ron

Collapse -

by Plzhelp In reply to Print to shared printer f ...

Thank you. I installed the printer, but not using the USB and then changing the port. I will try that.

Collapse -

by Plzhelp In reply to Print to shared printer f ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)