General discussion

• Creator
    Topic

Printer and Exchange2000

by azizhakim ·

Good morning peers two puzzling quick quesions
    1)win2000 with usb interface for hp deskjet printer.Have two Nt 4.0 machines.sharing the printer but am unable to load the drivers for nt 4.0.os asked for 2000 cd-rom but unable.is it usb issue.
    2)On same machine installed Exchange2000 with two previous accounts.One default admin and accounts1 which i created,After exch install tried to create mailboxes for two preexisting,Although success accounts cannot log onto mailbox.looked @ user propertiessmtp & x-400 addresses arent created.had to create another mailbox ith another account and give my preexisting account all permissions to mailbox.Thats the only way i thought.Is there some thing I missed with the 2
    preexixting acconts.Thanx

All Comments

• Author
    Replies

Printer and Exchange2000

by pan 13 x ·

In reply to Printer and Exchange2000

the answer to the first is quit simple. On the win2k computer sharing the printer, in the configuration tab of the printer. on the sharing tab there is a place that you can load addition drivers. load the win nt 4.0 driver for the printer. when you nt 4.0 systems try to install it , it will brag the correct drivers from the server. Not a usb issue at all . I have done this to many times now

I would advise on either deleting the account if there are only two. Copy all the emails the a local system and delete the account. then you can create all new accounts/mailboxes on a clean slate and will not have to worry with pre-existing settings. I have ran into the issue of some accounts not working with reinstalls and upgrades. the easiest solution I have found is to either readd permissions to the mailboxes , using the exchange snap in or si,ply delete and readd the accounts .

Printer and Exchange2000

by azizhakim ·

In reply to Printer and Exchange2000

Still cannot load drivers.Win2000 requesting 2000 cd-rom.Pointed to the drive and get error could not load additional drivers.Need I extract files from cd,it is looking for inf file which it cannot find.Can you briefly tell me where you pointed to load drivers,Thanx

Viewing 1 reply thread