General discussion

• Creator
    Topic

Printer error 100001 when Mac prints to shared printer on Windows 7 (64bit)

by marktompsett ·

I have a Windows 7 (64 bit) PC with a Kodak ESP 3250 printer which is shared, and I am using a Macintosh to print to it. When the Mac tries to print something, I see that the job starts on the Windows PC but then it throws an error message “KODAK AiO Printer; Printer error 100001; The printer may need attention. Check for problems at the printer” and on the printer itself I see “Printing….” and the progress bar is rolling, but the document never actually starts printing.

The Windows 7 PC has a fixed IP address, is not using HomeGroup, and allows access to shared resources without requiring authentication. It has LPD Print Service enabled, and the Mac is trying to print to the printer using the lpd:// protocol. The printer share name contains no spaces or other odd characters (eg underscores, etc)

What could be wrong? I am baffled.

All Comments

• Author
    Replies

Same issue

by hsquires10 ·

In reply to Printer error 100001 when Mac prints to shared printer on Windows 7 (64bit)

I finally got my mac to send something over to windows after a few days of trying different things. Got the same error. Not much on the web about this error, did you find a solution?

no solution

by marktompsett ·

In reply to Same issue

Instead, I get the Mac users for stuff they want printed either to e-mail it to me or put it onto a memory stick, then I print it for them. The users concerned are our kids so that way I tend to control how much paper and ink they consume, so it’s a better solution ultimately.

Mark

Viewing 0 reply threads