General discussion


Printer to crawl and print on drawing

By bvickroy ·
Were to get this printer.?
We are an engineering company that reviews drawings from customers and must either print the feedback commnets on the 4-20 foot drawings or print a symbol of approval. We'd also link to print barcodes as well. SO we need a printer we cans set in the middle of the drawing and either have it pull the drawing under it while one holds it, or a printer that crawls across the drawing printing as it goes. Any ideas or sources?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -


by epepke In reply to Printer to crawl and prin ...

No, I don't have a source or any detailed information, just a memory.

I saw something like this about fifteen years ago, in a university art supply shop. It was attached, using one of the parallelism-maintaining springy arms to a fairly vanilla angled drafting board. It had a small keyboard on it. It was primarily intended for adding labels to manually created drawings. It "printed" using a moving pen.

I don't know if any turtles exist any more, but this was the sort of think they could do reasonably well (though of course in vector printing, again).

I have no idea how to find something like this any more, but that might be the kind of place to start.

It sounds like a great science fair project.

Related Discussions

Related Forums