General discussion

printing labels in access 2000

By marnix.laureys ·
I'm bussy with a application in Access 2000 and i have a small problem ,
i want to print labels with a Zebra LP2844 termic printer but the labels must print downside and not normal or landscape....any idee how i can do this via the report option inAccess 2000 , or is there a way to use a .BIN file ( i have the lay-out of the label in .BIN format

thanks

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by IT in Chicago In reply to printing labels in access ...

Hi, perhaps these suggestions may give you a lead. I've not printed to label printers from Access, but since there have been no answers for you maybe this will help. I have 5 years experience w/ the Zebra 140XiII Label printers which may have some similar features to the LP2844. I've used C, VB, Zebra printer code (ZPL) and a Label Printing software (in separate solutions) to Rotate and print labels (90, 180, 270 or 360 degrees). I suspect you mean rotation by printing downside.
Have you searched Access using keyword "rotation"?
Have you checked to see if Rotation is part of the LP2844's configuration (Menu button on the 140XiII). If all labels need rotated the same way, you could change here. If not, perhaps sending a command to printer to turn on/off rotation before/after each label.
Have you checked to see if Rotation is programmable in a Zebra printer language for the printer? I've used the latter both directly and via the Label printing software (which converts to Zebra codebehind the scenes). I'm not familar w/ what a .BIN file is and how it is used. Perhaps it is similar to a onetime solution we used with text files containing printer commmands (ZPL) and merged-in data which was sent directly to the printer. The Zebra rotate commands were embedded into this text file.
Also, I've gotten resolution or leads on technical and software design issues from both Zebra(.com) and our barcode printer/software/supplies reseller.
Zebra.com also has downloadable tech ref and programming guides per printer model if you don't currently have access to them.
Good luck; love to see your final solution.

Collapse -

by marnix.laureys In reply to printing labels in access ...

Problem in meantime solved

thanks anyway

Collapse -

by marnix.laureys In reply to printing labels in access ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Web Development Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)