General discussion

Printing slowdown with Win2000

By integratedcomputersource ·
I have an HP deskjet 500 series that printef jusy fine on 98 and ME however, when I installed Win2000 I print a page and it slows down drastically about half way through the document. It only takes a few seconds to print the first half of the document and upwards of a minute to a minute and a half to print the 2nd half. Windows automatically detected the printer and installed the W2K drivers, so I know they're right.......any ideas?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by Shanghai Sam In reply to Printing slowdown with Wi ...

There is a bug in spoolsv.exe . Check with Microsoft Knowledge Base to see if a patch has been released yet.
Temporary fix, turn off print spooling.
Regards, Chris

Collapse -

by SpunkMnky In reply to Printing slowdown with Wi ...

In the properties of the printer check to see how/if it's spooling. If you have spooling turned on select print after last page is spooled (this way your computer isn't sending data and printing at the same time which could be an issue if you haven't upgraded your hardware, damands on the system because of 2K) just a thought. If that doesn't work check for updated drivers from HP, the default drivers with 2K might work but that doesn't mean they work well :)

Later

Back to Hardware Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)