Question

Printing trouble-HP psc 2110xi

By birch711 ·
I have a HP psc2110xi I can usually print an e mail message or print from the internet, but not a word document from Word Perfect 10. This of course is a pain because my kids need to print all kinds of things for school. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Now after attempting to fix the problem I can print nothing at all.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Need a little more info

by CaptBilly1Eye In reply to Printing trouble-HP psc 2 ...

What OS?

Have you installed the latest driver from HP?

Have you EVER been able to print from WordPerfect?

In WordPerfect, when you go to File-Print, is the correct printer showing as the one selected?

Are you able to print a Text file? (try right clicking your Desktop, selecting New and then Text Document, opening it, adding some text and going to File-Print)

and lastly... when you go to Start-Settings-Printers and Faxes, does the HP printer show as the 'default printer' and is it only listed once?

Collapse -

See if this helps

by Jacky Howe In reply to Printing trouble-HP psc 2 ...

Completely Uninstall and Reinstall your Printer and 'force' XP to see new drivers:

Step 1
Disconnect the printer from the PC

Step 2
Go to the Control Panel and click on Add/Remove Programs. Highlight any Printer Software that is listed here. Select Remove.

Step 3
From the Control Panel, click on Printers & Faxes. Right click the printer in question and select Delete

Step 4
Look at the Toolbar. Select File, then Server Properties. Look in the Drivers tab. Highlight the printers drivers listed here and click on Remove for each one.

Step 5
Reboot the PC. Do NOT reconnect the printer!

Step 6
Go to the website of your printer manufacturer. Look for new XP drivers for your model. Download the correct software. http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?lc=en&cc=us&product=79491

Step 7
Run the exe file you just downloaded. It should auto-start the installation program

Step 8
The software will tell you when to connect the printer.

Step 9
Once the software is installed and the printer connected, try a test page.

Collapse -

Also setting this printer to Default

by OH Smeg In reply to See if this helps

Will make it the first device looked at when Print jobs are sent to the printer.

If you have a Default of something different open the Printer Window right click on this HP Printer and Left Click on Set As Default Printer.

If you have more than 1 entry for this printer delete the copies.

While WP 10 is a bit old now it shouldn't be a problem to print from.

Col

Back to Peripheral Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)