General discussion

problem loading server 03 on ML350 G6 server

By dareadefowoju ·
We just got a HP Proliant Server ML350 G6, but can't seem to Install Windows Server 2003 R2 on it. During the installation the BSOD displays with an error that has to do with HPCISSs2.sys.

I've searched, for a fix can't find any that is related to the installation problem.

Please help! if you have a fix for this problem, I really need to get the Server to run Windows Server 2003.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Test the RAM and replace as necessary

by HAL 9000 Moderator In reply to problem loading server 03 ...

Quite often the RAM will all BE OK but you will have timing issues with different Sizes/speeds RAM that do not interact nicely.

So if you must use this RAM and it all Tests as OK remove all but 1 Module and load the OS with that then when it's all finished reinstall the RAM. It may not cause any issues latter but being on a server I wouldn't recommend it.

Col

Collapse -

RAM

by dareadefowoju In reply to Test the RAM and replace ...

i have a single 2GB module on the server. honestly its the only component i have not touched cause a memory test indicated it is fine

Collapse -

Hardware Driver

by fox2002152003 In reply to problem loading server 03 ...

Mostly BSOD is a hardware problem.

If your MAchine still under warrantly please contact HP

try using different Windows server installer

Try to use the latest version of startsmart cd

update the firmware of the server.

Collapse -

Here is another thought

by NotSoChiGuy In reply to problem loading server 03 ...

https://msmvps.com/blogs/spywaresucks/archive/2007/06/04/941366.aspx

I had a similar issue years back on a DL380, and ended up having to do a series of updates (controllers, hard drives, ROM, etc) before getting everything to work fine.

So, I'd recommend going out to the HP site and ensuring that all components have the latest firmware. Then give it a whirl.

Hope this helps!

Back to Networks Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)