General discussion

Problem with HP deskjet 870 drivers and

By compupop ·
When the Deskjet 870Cse drivers are loaded on an NT machine with SP6a (Service Pack) Word slows way down. It happens with Office 97 and 2000. I only have to select the DJ870 (Deskjet) as default and things slow down. If I select any other printer asdefault Word is ok.

I have removed and reinstalled the printer and drivers. I have also taken the NT computer down to SP5 and reinstalled the printer and drivers. I still have the same problem. I only have to select the 870 as the default and Word is a slug!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by spiceman In reply to Problem with HP deskjet 8 ...

I hope you are using the latest drivers - if not go to: http://www.hp.com/cposupport/swindexes/dj870cz_swen.html

Other causes:
1. The HP ColorSmart driver is set to Best and Glossy or Transparency paper instead of plain paper!

2. The system resources are being used by other applications - close all other applications and try again.

3. The computer system meets the minimum system requirements - enough RAM, free hard disk space and fast processor

4. Bidirectional communication is interfering with the printer operation - need to uncheck the enable bidectional support in properties for the printer.

5. Excessive temporary files can tie up system resources - Delete unneeded temporary files.

6. There are a large number of installed fonts - Control Panel, and Fonts.
Delete any font that will not be used on a regular basis.

Good luck!

Collapse -

by compupop In reply to Problem with HP deskjet 8 ...

I have tried all the above and Word is still a slug. Wouldn't the above causes effect all printers attached to the NT computer. I only have a problem with the DJ870Cse.

Back to Windows Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)