General discussion

Problem with HP ScanJet 3200C

By dejhanira ·
I hope someone can help me! I have had no luck with Tech support at HP. When I scan a picture, it appears on my screen with a yellow film. This yellow film is not only over the picture but the white of the scanner. This problem does not get better the more I scan either.
So far, I have cleaned the scan bed, uninstalled the software and then shut down and re-installed. Nothing has worked. The scanner is about three years old and has only been used about ten times. Can you please tell me how to fix this problem?

Thank you,
Heidi

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by XpertDragon In reply to Problem with HP ScanJet 3 ...

Does the scanner make any unusual bad noises? (Other than the typical noises most scanners make like clunking noises). Worst case scenario is that the lamp on the scanner is burning out, and might explain the yellowish tinge around every scan.

Collapse -

by dejhanira In reply to Problem with HP ScanJet 3 ...

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

Thank you for responding so quickly! It just tried scanning and it just makes the usual light, occassional, clunking. The scan came out with the yellow tinge and with a blue-green, wide line in the middle of the screen. If it's the bulb, is it difficult or expensive to replace? Now what?

H

Collapse -

by SJClem In reply to Problem with HP ScanJet 3 ...

I have a ScanJet 2100C and had a similar problem with it tinting in other colors. For over a week, I racked my brains out and did everything you've done. My scanner does not have an on/off switch, so I didn't think of recycling the power. When I finally unplugged the power supply and the scanner re-booted, my problem vanished. For what it's worth, try this if you haven't and good luck!

Collapse -

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

This question was auto closed due to inactivity

Back to Hardware Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)