Question

• Creator
    Topic

Problem with MS Excel 2003

by diptangshubose ·

I am using MS Office 2003 standard edition in my office. My computer is connected within DOMAIN network. I am facing a peculiar problem with MS Excel application on my computer. In my computer if I’ll logged in through my login id, the excel shows various problems. Like if I go to do anything on excel, it shows an error report and the excel become closed. But If I login to my computer through any other user id or Administrator id, the excel works fine. Even I have deleted and re created my login id and uninstall and reinstall MS Office 2003 several times. But the problem remain unchanged. Can anybody halp me out on this issue ???

All Answers

• Author
    Replies

Clarifications

by diptangshubose ·

In reply to Problem with MS Excel 2003

Clarifications

What kind of errors? File locations?

by tobif ·

It would help if you could tell us what kind of errors you get.

My first guess, however, is that you have some incorrect file locations stored in your registry.

Suggestion:
      1. Uninstall MS Office
      2. Open regedit
      3. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office
      4. With that branch selected (the word “Office” in the tree), do a File-Export to save a backup copy.
      5. Delete the whole “Office” subtree
      6. Install Office again (and apply all updates)

Hope this helps.

have you tried

by sue t ·

repairing office? Make sure you are logged on as the user who has the problem and then in add and remove programs, click on MS Office and choose the option to repair. I find that that will usually do the trick if only one user on the computer is having problems and the other users aren’t.
      Good Luck.

Questions

by unhappyuser ·

Did you delete the profile off the local computer? If not, that is your problem.

Does your login account have admin access to the computer?

EMD

Viewing 3 reply threads