General discussion

Problem with Office 2000

By fmacintyre ·
I have installed office 2000 Professional sr1 on a a clean install of windows millenium. Every time I open an office app it flashes up for a few seconds and then disappears. I've un-installed and re-installed the cd 3 times but keep getting the samething.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Problem with Office 2000

by Sagacious In reply to Problem with Office 2000

HI!

Maybe you should patch up your Win ME first.
That could help as some files are of 32 bit and Win ME still have this problem of sorting it.

Regards,

Sagacious

Collapse -

Problem with Office 2000

by fmacintyre In reply to Problem with Office 2000

Unfortunately I'd already done the Windows update. I had downloaded everything from live update that MS recommended for my PC.
I never did get it working on that setup. Eventually had to re-install entire machine. Put on Win2000 Server and didn't get the problem again.

Collapse -

Problem with Office 2000

by JohnMinn In reply to Problem with Office 2000

Are the display drivers for YOUR machine on the CD?
Did they install properly??
It would appear that when the program switches from generic to specific drivers, you loose.
John

Collapse -

Problem with Office 2000

I had specific driver installed. Thanks though. I never did get it working on that setup. Eventually had to re-install entire machine. Put on Win2000 Server and didn't get the problem again.

Collapse -

Problem with Office 2000

by Blackcurrant In reply to Problem with Office 2000

Hello

Another option you may want to try is the repair feature available from Add/Remove programs in Control Panel. Select Office 2000 and click on Add/Remove, this will start the maintenance program. From here you can choose to repair the installation. You will need the original installation disks.

Hope this helps

Collapse -

Problem with Office 2000

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

Problem with Office 2000

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)