Question

Problem with Outlook 2003 with no-existing recipient

By jimmakos7 ·
Hello to everyone!
I am having a problem in a pc which is member of the domain (Windows Server 2003) where i work. There was an email form which was sent always with Cc to a recipient who used to work here. The email account now has been removed but whenever a mail is sent to anybody it returns Delivery Notification about the deleted account. I ve checked the cc,bcc fields and they are blank but is still does that. What could be the problem?

Thanks in advance,Dimitris.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

9 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

This problem I helped to fix before see link

by Wizard-09 In reply to Problem with Outlook 2003 ...

Is not the same problem as you had, but this will fix your issue note please read all the post on it and make sure you no what your doing before you start.

http://techrepublic.com.com/5208-6230-0.html?forumID=101&threadID=305210&messageID=3041821

Keep us informed as to your progress if you require further assistance.

If you think that any of the posts that have been made by all TR Members, have solved or contributed to solving the problem, please Mark them as Helpful so that others may benefit from the outcome.

Collapse -

I've seen this before

by unhappyuser In reply to Problem with Outlook 2003 ...

We had this issue with something similar. The user was deleted before they were removed from the To: list. Every time an email went out we would get the message that you are seeing. We deleted the "form" and rebuilt it with an email address that will never change and then added that address to the person in charge. We could not find any other way to fix the issue.

If you find another way to solve your issue, please let us know as it could be useful in the future.

EMD

Collapse -

Answer

by Wizard-09 In reply to I've seen this before

Is above, I helped fix this problem a few weeks back hope it helps you out :)

Collapse -

Sorry

by unhappyuser In reply to Answer

It's a good fix for the original issue but does not help this issue. The user is gone but there is still a link to it, which cannot be found so an email message is generated. Removing the user from the list first and then deleting was the correct way to fix it. We did the opposite and could not resolve it without deleting the whole thing and starting over. Thanks.

EMD

Collapse -

Sorry

by Wizard-09 In reply to Sorry

Your right, I jumped the gun on this one my only though into this one is that they have a rule to CC in the user have you checked the rules on the machine outlook rules that is only thing that come to mind just now.

Collapse -

Yes

by unhappyuser In reply to Sorry

Nothing in the rules. My coworker calls it a Microsoft feature. It's not a big issue but I'm the type that likes answers to all the questions. Thanks.

EMD

Collapse -

Is the user sending to a distribution list?

by ThumbsUp2 In reply to Yes

If so, have you checked the distribution list to make sure the person's name has been removed?

Also, Outlook has a "remember" feature which stores recently used addresses so that you can type just a couple of letters of the name and select the correct one from a drop down list. Have you looked at the NK2 file to see if you can remove the name or even the distribution list itself?

Collapse -

Thanks

by jimmakos7 In reply to Sorry

Yeap,they had a rule there always doing that.I found it myself but i would get the solution from here too.Thanks a lot!

Back to Networks Forum
9 total posts (Page 1 of 1)