General discussion

Problems Archiving in Outlook 2003

By BerriosN ·
Have a user whose email account resided on a LN server, was migrated to Exchange 2003, is running Outlook 2003, when he goes to archive nothing happens. If he selects to manually archive nothing happens. Client had Symatic installed on his computer and has since had it removed. Now he running McAfee with an EPO agent. 1. I've reset the Outlook toolbar template. With Outlook close, I did a search for and renamed outcmd.dat file. Restarted Outlook. (Outcmd.dat is located in C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook folder. It is a hidden file, so you have to unhide hidden files. Go to any folder and select Tools > Folders Options > View. Check "Show hidden files and folders". Click OK.)

2. Registered an important Outlook file. Go to Start > Run and type regsvr32 OLE32.DLL
Do the same for INETCOMM.DLL

3. Disabled Outlook Addins. Go to Tools > Options > Other > Advanced Options > Addin Manager or COMM/Addins and disable the addins.

4. One step I did not do was check if an external program was running in the background that may be interfering with Outlook. Please check firewall, antivirus, antispyware, antispam, and all Norton programs. You can disable these programs one at a time.

5. Created a new Outlook profile.

6. Repaired Outlook. With Outlook open, go to Help > Detect and Repair.

Any ideas on what else I can do other than reinstall Outlook. I personally think there maybe a conflit with LN and Outlook, not sure.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by dfitzgerald In reply to Problems Archiving in Out ...

I'm afraid I don't have a solution, but I think I know what is causing the problem. The archive function works on the Modified date/time field. When I imported a bunch of emails from Eudora, which doesn't have a Modified field, the resulting messages had "none" for the Modified field. I suspect that archiving doesn't work because of this.

Back to Desktop Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)