General discussion

Problems Logging On to a Windows 2000-Ba

By cday ·
My users get this error massage after the first login, if a user logs off then on again you get this error message.
[Error message:
Microsoft Networking
The domain password you supplied is not correct, or access to your logon server has been denied.]

Also some directories on a shared folder on the server are inaccessible. The shared directory has full access rights not sure why either of these problems happen. I have no problem event ID's in the event log.

Any help is greatly appreciated
Thanks
Chris Day

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by judds In reply to Problems Logging On to a ...

I need to know a little more. First- how many users and lic. do you have? are you running tcp/ip and using a dhcp server, what are your clints? win 98 or 2000?

Collapse -

by Shanghai Sam In reply to Problems Logging On to a ...

there are 10 user. I have the lic. set for 20. using tcp/ip. I have a router with dhcp enabled. I also have a couple workstations on static IP's. clients win98.

Collapse -

by cday In reply to Problems Logging On to a ...

Point value changed by question poster.

Collapse -

by judds In reply to Problems Logging On to a ...

First I would check my dhcp server and make sure the ip range and subnet are the same as the server, is the server also running dhcp, if it is turn the service off. (right click my computer then manage services are at the bottom) Make sure the server's ip protocol is using netbios, (under network properties and IP / advanced) by default it uses DNS. Or setup a internal DNS server..

Collapse -

by cday In reply to Problems Logging On to a ...

I have the router handle the dhcp. The dhcp service is not install on the server. The IP on the server is static and the range maches the other workstations along with the subnet mask.
yes netbios is enabled. I have some of the workstations set forstatic's so I don't think it's a IP problem.

Collapse -

by Gigelul In reply to Problems Logging On to a ...

I had a similar problem
If this message appear when a new user try to log on for the first time on network and the machine is Win98, first time try to authenticate your user on a NT machine and after that on Win98 machine. It is not a rule but workand corrects the problems.
About shares: you must check both share permissions and security permissions also how is set <allow inherence> from parent folder. By default you can live in shared permissions full control and define access control from security permissions.

Back to Windows Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)