Question

Problems Migrating from ISP Email to Exchange Server 2007

By jbrunsting ·
I am trying to migrate from our ISP's email system onto a new Windows Server 2008/Exchange Server 2007 machine we have on our network.

I've installed the Microsoft Transporter Suite for Internet Mailboxes, plus I've made sure the account I'm using has the correct permissions and was given Exchange Impersonation permission.

But when I do a test run of a single mailbox, I consistently get this:

Summary: 1 item(s). 0 succeeded, 1 failed.
Elapsed time: 00:00:05

username@something.something.org
Failed

Error:
Pop3Client failed to login successfully.

Warning:
Specified root folder is not default POP3 root folder and will be ignored.

Exchange Management Shell command attempted:
'Microsoft.Exchange.Transporter.Provider.PopImap.InternetMailboxMeta' | Move-POPMailboxToExchange -AllowUnsecureConnection $true -TargetClientAccessServer 'somethingmail.SOMETHING.SOMETHING.org' -GlobalCatalog $null -Quiet

Elapsed Time: 00:00:05

The only sort of problem I see is that before I got here, our email is set up as "whatever@something.org". And the internal AD is set up as "something.something.org" (yeah, the subdomain has the same name as the main domain).

What the heck is going on here and why won't this work? I've been killing myself trying to figure out the problem for the past 3 days. Help with ideas, anyone?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Email domain

by p.j.hutchison In reply to Problems Migrating from I ...

The AD domain does not matter that much but you can change the Email Domain in Exchange to whatever you want by changing the Recipient/Email policy in Exchange Management Console in Organisation/Hub TRansport settings.

Collapse -

But That Wouldn't...

by jbrunsting In reply to Email domain

...effect my being able to migrate the email off of our ISP onto the Exchange server, would it?

Back to Networks Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)