General discussion

Problems with HP 932C printer Ink Cart.

By rbonnett ·
I had replaced the color cratridge in my printer and came up with a Ink Cartridge error,and was able to by pass it by playing with the clean head tool and when it cleaned it,it printed out a page and no problems as long as i left my printer on all the time, if i shut it off i would have to do the process over again to get it straightend out, Know I had a black ink cartridge go low and i refilled it and know it bounces back and fourth between the color catridge error and a low black ink cartridge or some times just a black ink cartridge error. I have recently down loaded a direct X I believe it was 9.0 version from Microsoft, could it be causing problems for me or not, and is there something else i can do for my printer. If any one has anyideas i would appreciate all the help i can get at around $53.oo a cartridge of color. lol Thanks

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by dmiles In reply to Problems with HP 932C pri ...

The syste seems to be reading the cartridge as the old one,the system does not recognize the refill as a new cartridge so the problem exist from this,use the maintenace utility in the printer properties to clean the cartridge,it may clear up or it may not

Collapse -

by rbonnett In reply to Problems with HP 932C pri ...

Sorry but i had already tried this and had no luck of fixing the problem. But thanks any way.

Collapse -

by sgt_shultz In reply to Problems with HP 932C pri ...

hp says try this:
---------------------------
With the power on, open the top cover of the unit. The ink cartridges should come to just left of center.
After the ink cartridges stop moving, unplug the product's power cord.
Remove both ink cartridges and close the top cover.
Plug the power back in. The HP product will reinitialize and after a few moments a message should appear requesting the ink cartridges be inserted.
Open the top cover and reinsert the ink cartridges. Close the top cover after reinserting the cartridges. The "Press 1 for new cartridge or press 2 for a used cartridge" message should appear. If it still does not appear, the unit probably requires service.
----------
or this:
With the power on, open the HP product to access the ink cartridges.
Remove both ink cartridges.
After waiting about five seconds, reinstall the ink cartridges and close the unit.
------------------
if all else fails, turn off bi-directional communication in the printer driverproperties

Collapse -

by rbonnett In reply to Problems with HP 932C pri ...

Thanks for the input and ideas but it still has solved the problem yet but i need to know how to get to the point where i can shut down the bi-direcional com. I am running window 98 SE and have been in the Device Manager. Where do i go from here to find and shut down the bi-directional communication???

Back to Hardware Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)