Question

Problems with Hyperlinks (from webpage/email) to bookmarks in Word2010

By colin.santry ·
Hi All,
I have written a eNewsletter which has links to a document located in sharepoint. When I click a link from within an email (or from the browser), the document opens up but it does NOT go to the relevant bookmark. It just stays at the top of the document.

If I do the same thing with users who have Word2003 installed, everything works as expeted, the document opens up and goes to the relevant bookmark.

I thought it may be related to the fact that the document is being opened in 'Compatability Mode' so I created a Word2010 version, just as a sanity check, but alas, it still doesn't navigate to the bookmark....

Can someone please shed some light on this issue? Am I missing something completely simple or is it a bug?

I have been 'googling' for hours trying to find a fix, the only thing I have found was related to 'Registered File Types' in windows explorer. Checking the 'Browse in same window' option in advanced edit for DOC extensions. This doesn't seem to do anything with my 2010 instalation. Heeeelllllppppp! :)

Any help greatly appreciatted

Regards,
Colin

PS. A Very Mery Christmas to you all...

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Share your knowledge
Back to Software Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)