General discussion

Problems with Windows 2003 Cluster

By kashifjameel ·
Hi,
I have problem identifying the ways to test the cluster whether it is up and running or not.

I have setup the cluster and i am getting into two kind of situations.

1) When i configure node1 in cluster it converge properly but when i configure node2 in the cluster it stays in the converging state for ever. I have checked the status of the node1 and node2. For node1 the status is converged and for node2 it was still converging after one whole day... (I have used Network Load Balancing Manager (GUI))
But when i executed the ''wlbs query' to check the working of cluster i am getting these results. See below

Host 2 converged as DEFAULT with the following host(s) as part of the cluster:

....Now situation 2

2) I configured node1 in cluster and its status goes to convereged and then i configured node2 and its status goes to converged also (using NLB manager)

But when i executed the "wlbs query" to see the working of the cluster i am getting the results shown below.

Host 2 converged as DEFAULT with the following host(s) as part of the cluster:

Now.... i am unable to understand what is going on. When both nodes converge properly i am not getting proper results using "wlbs query" but when one node stays in the converging state the results by "wlbs query" are fine as stated by most of the ppl on the internet.

Firstly, could you please tell me whats going on.

Secondly, Is there any tool that i can use to monitor the incoming and outgoing traffic on the cluster using the third machine and also how can i use the third machine to verify that cluster is working fine..

Please do help me.. I'll be verygrateful to you... and if you have your own configurations manual than please do email that to me. I'll be very grateful to you.

Best Regards

Kashif Jameel

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

0 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Back to Windows Forum
0 total posts (Page 1 of 1)