General discussion

Project Server 2003

By deanyeo_43 ·
Hi All, i really need help in project server 2003.

1) How do i imput time in project server for task?

2) how do i allow users to imput time in Project web access for their task?

3) There are 3 options to choose for users to imput either, Percent of work complete, Actual work done and work remaining or Hours of work done per day or per week. Is there any way to allow user to imput all 3?

Thanks all ya ! =)

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Answers on PS 2003

by miannini In reply to Project Server 2003

1 ) How do I input time in project server for a task? After a project is published the assignments will show up in the PWA 'Tasks' page. In this page users will be able to type in their time on each assigned task.

2) how do i allow users to imput time in Project web access for their task?
Same answer as #1

3) There are 3 options to choose for users to imput either, Percent of work complete, Actual work done and work remaining or Hours of work done per day or per week. Is there any way to allow user to imput all 3?

This can't be done. The Admin determines the default method in PWA Admin page. I think Project Managers are allowed to change the reporting method but this may be a problem when rolling up time for diferent projects.

Collapse -

PS 2003

by deanyeo_43 In reply to Answers on PS 2003

Hi Thanks, but i think i put it this way..

1) When a project manager create a project in project pro 2003, i can't create a column for input time(eg. 10am to 3pm)

2) Over at PWA, anyway to let user input time for Task? (eg. Task 1, use 2hour @ 10am to 12pm)

Thanks ya.!

Collapse -

on PS2003

by miannini In reply to PS 2003

Deanyeo,

Time is reported on tasks on PWA after the project is published to the PS Database. The user will see his tasks after the project is published. You cannot report time using Project Pro, technically you can but Project will ask you to sinchronize timesheets every time you open/save the project.

Thanks

MI.

Collapse -

PS2003

by deanyeo_43 In reply to on PS2003

Ya thanks again, But how do i do that?
There is no column in the task list for me to enter the time.
I tried adding column in manage view. But there is no ID name as time and there is no column on which i can enter time in.

Also if there is really a column for me to enter the time, then can it auto calculate the total hours spent in timesheets?

Thanks !

Collapse -

ps2003

by miannini In reply to PS2003

Are you loging into Project Web Access? I think you are trying to perform tasksheet management using Project professional and that is going to be difficult. All of the timesheets, yours as PM and the other team members are managed in PWA.

Collapse -

Pick One!

by jtheires In reply to Project Server 2003

Deanyeo,

I suggest picking one approach as your company/organizational standard and making all users comply with the standard. The Actual Work / Remaining Work approach works best, in my humble opinion. This is because it forces team members to think about what they did and what remains, which get to the fundamentals of project management. Do it on a daily basis, as this is a typical way to collect actuals.

Hope this helps,
James T. Heires, PMP
President, James Heires Consulting, Inc.
Home of EZ-Metrix code counting utility
www.ez-metrix.com

Back to Web Development Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)