Question

Promise Technology Inc. Ultra66 IDE Controller 5.0.2195.6717 (Windows)

By DeeJayVeranIce ·
Okay, so I came here looking for this driver for an IDE card I recently aquired from a friend. I thought maybe I had found it after a long search on the MicroSoft driver database.

I needed a membership to 'download' the driver, so I made an account and was taken back to the driver download page...I put 'download' in quotes because it's not a download at all, but a link to Microsoft Updates.

If I knew it was going to take me to Windows Update I would not have bothered with making an account. I would have gone to and retrieved the driver myself.
Only problem is, I don't have the card installed in my system...I'm going to be putting it in another system I'm building for my friend.

Does the driver actualy exist outside of Windows Update? Or is it something I need to retrieve once the computer is being set up?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

You get the driver from Promise Technologies

by OH Smeg In reply to Promise Technology Inc. U ...

The maker of the Card. The driver for the Ultra 133 TX works with this card and is available here

http://www.promise.com/support/download/download2_eng.asp?productId=87&category=driver&os=0&go=GO

Of if you like you can dig through the Archives looking for the 66 Driver. But I have used both and with the old 66's I have used the 133 Drivers numerous times.

Col

Collapse -

Are you sure you want

by IC-IT In reply to Promise Technology Inc. U ...

to install that controller? Unless you are putting togather an old Socket 7 system;
It is pretty old technology and will greatly limit the drives speed.

Collapse -

Ultra 133

by paavoi In reply to Are you sure you want

IDE driver is what I need and can't find anywhere

Back to Software Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)