General discussion

Proper temperature for PIII 600 CPU

By gmwolfie ·
Can anyone inform me as to the proper temperature that a PIII 600 processor should run at? Currently, the BIOS shows 88 degrees C, I feel that is way too hot and would like to know the proper way to cool the CPU, I have a dual fan heatsink on the processor at the moment, but could there be something amiss? How would I reinstall the heatsink to get the maximum cooling? Do I need to buy a better cooling system?
Just probing minds, I think I have a heat problem on my hands.

Gerry Wolf
gwolf@wi.rr.com

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by allan In reply to Proper temperature for PI ...

Depending on which PIII 600 you have the tempereature should be between 82 & 85 degrees so your system isn't that hot BUT it is safer to keep it cooler. There are lots of cooling systems on the market but just one tip make sure that you use the silicon compound when fitting the Fan / heatsink otherwise you will have an airgap between the processor & the heatsink which will lead to over temperature. The compound normally comes with the heatsink / fan assembly but if not then you can buy it at good computer stores. You should also reapply the compound if you remove and refit the heatsink / fan assembly.

Collapse -

by gmwolfie In reply to Proper temperature for PI ...

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

by gmwolfie In reply to Proper temperature for PI ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)