General discussion

purchase novell 3.12

By bohicam1 ·
I am interested in purchasing a copy of novell 3.12. Anyone know where I can find it? Novell's site doesn't have anything on it anymore other than upgrades to it.
Thanks,

Mike

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

purchase novell 3.12

by Alpha-Male In reply to purchase novell 3.12

Novell discontinued the sale of NetWare 3.x as of October 31, 2000. Support for NetWare 3.x was available only on a limited basis through January 2002. You may be able to find a copy somewhere else (Ebay, etc), but if you do, be very clear and certain about the licensing. You may want to contact Novell directly and verify their policies on purchasing used/old (never licensed) software just to be sure.

The next question I have to ask, though...is why 3.12? Intranetware, Netware 5 and Netware 6 are (in my opinion) vastly superior products. They include native IP, NDS and a host of other advantages. 3.12 was a solid and robust OS, but newer incarnations of Netware are truly outstanding and I would recommend them highly.

Collapse -

purchase novell 3.12

by bohicam1 In reply to purchase novell 3.12

I recently landed a new client that uses this version in their office. I would just like to set it up at home to familiarize myself with it. I tried ebay and yahoo auctions to no avail...was just wondering if there is some sort of dinosaur software outlet ;-)
Thanks anyway,

Mike

Collapse -

purchase novell 3.12

That being the case, I would look for a book on Netware 3.12 that comes with a demo version or minimal version of the software. You can check out Amazon.com or your local bookstore/used bookstore. This sort of thing is frequently included on the CDsthat come with IT books. It won't let you run a "real" server, but it will allow you to install, test and work in the environment.

Collapse -

purchase novell 3.12

Also, looking on Ebay, there are a couple versions of Netware 3.12 for sale at present.

Before you purchase these, make sure they come with a license and that you can transfer the license successfully. You don't want to get stung with illegal software....

Collapse -

purchase novell 3.12

Thanks for the answer. Although ebay has novell on offer, the 5 user license version is way too much for what I want to use it for. Amazon and etc. have books on it as well all above $200US....not worth my while.

Collapse -

purchase novell 3.12

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)