General discussion

Q 5304 bios does not list HDD's

By Casemaker ·
Hi,
I want to add a slave drive to this Q5304. I go into bios to set the slave drive but there is no listing for the drives or ide devices or auto detec. I want to add a larger drive and ghost from the smaller to the larger. I went to the Q supportsite and it says pc diagnostics are in the pc diagnostics folder on the restore disk, nope.
Any ideas.
Thanks

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by tjc In reply to Q 5304 bios does not list ...

When connecting a slave drive you need to configure the jumbers on both drives, one to be the master (that would be the current drive and shouldn't need to be changed) and then the new drive should have jumper settings on it set to slave.

Once that is set you should then boot up the computer and then the Bios should hopefully reconise the drive as being there. Then you can do your drive ghosting once you boot up and then you would reverse the jumpers on the drives so that the bigger drive is master and the smaller one being the slave.

Also make sure when ghosting it is made bootable. This all depends on what and how you plan to copy the smaller's drive to it.

And be on the look out some drives are not compatible, I had a problem with an old seagate drive being incompatilbe with a western digitial I had and couldn't do it.

and one more thing some manufactures come have a utility that comes with the new drive to do the swap over.

Collapse -

by Casemaker In reply to Q 5304 bios does not list ...

Thank You,
This did not answer my question. I was looking for information about the Q bios. I resolved the issue.

Collapse -

by Casemaker In reply to Q 5304 bios does not list ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Desktop Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)