General discussion

Question on windows server 2003

By Hunterzh ·
I?ve just installed windows server 2003 on the server in our company, as NAT server, mail server, web server, and FTP server. The old system on that server was windows server 2000, and all services had been working properly.
However after installing windows server 2003, I cannot access our server at home through broad band connection, either web site, mail server or FTP service. Is it because the security level of windows server 2003 is by default much higher than windows server 2000? While in the company, that is, within our LAN, NAT service has been working well. Is windows server 2003 by default refusing access from external area?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by sgt_shultz In reply to Question on windows serve ...

That is wonderful that you have all that working great. I tip my hat to you. Have you applied the new sp1?
I believe you are indeed describing the effects of the Internet Connection Firewall that comes with Windows 2003 Server. Here is a link to an article about it, "How To Turn On the Internet Connection Firewall Feature in Windows Server 2003" from support.microsoft.com
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;317530

Collapse -

by Hunterzh In reply to

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

by Hunterzh In reply to Question on windows serve ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Networks Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)