Question

Questions on fix for Exchange Event 9667?

By dcolbert Contributor ·
A client began to encounter Exchange Event 9667 (all named properties consumed) on an Exchange 2003 Standard Edition back-end server. After doing some reading, and with some other factors taken into consideration, I decided the client should move their users evenly onto two additional Exchange Standard edition servers, clear the problem on the original back-end server, then move a third of the users back to the original server once the situation was resolved.

Their original system was configured as a single front-end and single back end server. The back-end server housed approximately 450 mailboxes. There were no policies on mailbox size, and approximately 15 users were consuming more than 50 % of the total capacity of the mailbox store for a total mailbox store size of around >50GB in size. They ran fax integration and blackberry exchange server - but the BES has been disabled.

Now, I know I can just increase the quota limit in the registry on the affected original back-end server - but it seems that since I've already moved all the mailboxes off to better balance the number of mailboxes and the size of the mailbox stores I should just follow the suggestions for a server that has reached the absolute 32k limit for named properties. If I understand that process - I should move all mailboxes, dismount the stores, delete the .edb and .stm files, and restart the server which should effectively give me a clean store with no consumed named properties.

The private store is straight forward - but I am more worried about deleting and recreating pub1.edb and pub1.stm.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb851495(EXCHG.80).aspx

According to the article at technet, I need to set up replication of my public folder store. The link at technet is for setting up replication on Exchange 2007. I believe replication is set up correctly for public folders on this instance of Exchange 2003, but the public folder store hierarchy does not match when looking between the 3 back-end servers. I am hesitant to delete the pub1.edb and .stm files until I am certain that I have this configured correctly and understand for certain that the public folder store is successfully replicated. If anyone has an experience with this, I'd love to hear your advice or suggestions, as well as read up on any links that have documentation specific to Exchange 2003 and public folder replication.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Back to Networks Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  

Related Forums