General discussion

Quickbooks Pro 2003 "C=342" Error Msg

By rmessier ·
We have 2 separate copies of QB Pro 2003 (exact same version), one on the Mngrs PC (Dell 4300 running ME) and the other on another PC (Dell 4300 Running XP Pro) in a office nextdoor.
We are using a peer to peer LinkSys wireless network. The Quickbooks Data file resides on the Mngrs office computer. I used to be able to access the file on his computer and here latley I get an error message "C=342" and it closes. What happens is I open QB and I get the login and password screen. I enter my info and it starts to load the data file. Ater the file is loaded it acts like it is going to open and I get this message.
Has anyone else experienced this problem and what did you do to correct it. I called support and they wont do anything unless you have a service contract.
I would appreciate any assistance with this matter. Thanks...Rod

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by rmessier In reply to Quickbooks Pro 2003 "C=3 ...

Point value changed by question poster.

Collapse -

by nsohenick In reply to Quickbooks Pro 2003 "C=3 ...

This could be hairy. XP and ME are monsters. Did you just upgrade QuickBooks? If so from what version. You can try some utilities within QuickBooks. Verify database and rebuild database if their are errors. Here are links to a support document. Eventhough it isn't the same error code, it couldn't hurt to back up and try it. Be sure to back up your data first!

http://www.quickbooks.com/support/faqs/qbw2003/82739.html

Collapse -

by rmessier In reply to Quickbooks Pro 2003 "C=3 ...

It won't let me up to the point to load the filename to do anything with it. Thanks anyway....

Back to Software Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)