Question

Radeon X850 XT

By mnr4evr ·
I installed the card and the software which I downloaded from the ATi website and everthing works fine. The problem I'm having is that everytime I restart the computer it goes through the "detecting new hardware" setup. I just cancel out of it and everything works fine. The card is set up for dual monitors, is it possible that the driver I installed didn't include the driver for the secondary monitor hookup?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

13 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

If you have the latest driver you should be fine.

by Ron K. In reply to Radeon X850 XT

At least as far as dual monitors go. I have an X850 XT that hasn't had a driver update in several years and I ran dual monitors on it. <br>
If it's re-detecting your card each time I don't know why.

Collapse -

???

by mnr4evr In reply to If you have the latest dr ...

Ya, the card runs fine, just trying to figure out why it keeps detecting it.

Collapse -

My unspoken point was... unspoken, kind of.

by Ron K. In reply to ???

I was saying it should not be your driver so that shouldn't be why it's re-detecting it every time you boot. Why it is redetecting it I don't know. I never had that problem. <br>

Collapse -

Well the obvious thing is what new Hardware is being found here

by OH Smeg In reply to Radeon X850 XT

If it's the ATI Video Card you have the wrong Driver and associated Software, or you have not installed the software correctly.

If it's something else you need to address that to get rid of this.

Col

Collapse -

That's what I though too....

by mnr4evr In reply to Well the obvious thing is ...

but I've reinstalled a couple of times and the same thing is happening. Maybe the newest version of the driver is having a conflict with my system, maybe I could try an older version?

Collapse -

Why do you always "cancel out of it"? ...

by OldER Mycroft In reply to Radeon X850 XT

If you have always cancelled out of this 'detecting new hardware' pop-up, you are always doing 2 distinct and separate things:

#1 You are preventing yourself from finding out WHAT the system has recognised as new hardware. You are assuming it is acting upon the existence of the Radeon, but it could just as easily be something else.

#2 You are perpetuating this pop-up popping up.

I'd suggest you allow the system to run fully through this detecting routine, then when it has managed to do what it is supposed to do, maybe you'll find it'll stop.

Edit for typo.

Collapse -

I did let it run fully through....

by mnr4evr In reply to Why do you always "cancel ...

The first time it happened I let it run all the way through. First it asks for Windows to find the driver, then when it doesn't, it asks for me to install the driver manually. When I open up the Device Manager there is a "?" next to Unknow Device. The Display Adapters tab is normal with Radeon X850 showing. Maybe I bumped something in the case when I installed the card. It's just confusing because everything works fine.

I installed "Option 1 - Full Software Suite" http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Legacy/Pages/radeonaiw_xp.aspx?type=2.4.1&product=2.4.1.3.16&lang=English

Collapse -

Well by the sounds of things it's not the ATI that is involved here

by OH Smeg In reply to I did let it run fully th ...

Try Unknown Device Identifier to find out what doesn't have a driver installed.

http://www.zhangduo.com/udi.html

Doesn't sound as if it's looking for the Video Card Driver here.

Col

Collapse -

Tried it......

by mnr4evr In reply to Well by the sounds of thi ...

and it didn't find anything? After that I went into the Device Manager and clicked on "details" and under Hardware Ids it had this - DISPLAY\NTativrv01

I clicked on the "Unknow Device" and under properties it says this...

Device Type: Other Devices
Manufacturer: Unknown

Collapse -

try revouninstaller

by Snuffy09 In reply to Radeon X850 XT

use this to uninstall the catalyst software and any ati drivers listed.

Revo does a great job of removing any and all remnants of registry keys/software/old drivers. Then reinstall ATI software

Back to Peripheral Forum
13 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next