General discussion

Re-install 2000

By galehickey2 ·
I have a HD partitioned into Win98 and Windows 2000, Pentium III processor.
I had some files that went bad that NT prompted me to reinstall my disc. Can I go into safe mode and do this or how would you do this WITH A DUAL BOOT? Thanks.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by dmiles In reply to Re-install 2000

DO YOU WANT TO DOWNLOAD THIS INSTALL DOCUMENT - CLICK HERE

Well for this I will show you the repair option for Microsoft Windows 2000. Follow the following steps.

1) Make sure CD-Rom is first Boot Device in your Bios

2) Insert your Windows 2000 CD

3) Once this is done boot up using CD-Rom Drive. ( When "Hit any Key to Boot From CD-Rom" appears on screen, hit any key on keyboard to invoke CD-Rom boot)

The following screen will eventually appear after Windows 2000 has load in device drivers. Press "R" to begin repair process.

Soon you will see the following menu. Select "F" to perform all repair options.

Now the following menu will appear. If you have created the Emergency Repair Disks hit enter else press "L"

Windows 2000 will now search for installs on your system

If you have only one install of Windows 2000 the following menu will appear. Press "ENTER" on your keyboard to continue. Or if there's more than one select the installation you wish to repair and then hit "ENTER"

Windows 2000 will now repair your system either from the Emergency Repair Disks (ERD) or from the CD, once done your system will reboot and hopefully everything will be working fine

After you have done the Repair install to W2K,you will need to insert a Windows 98 startup disk in floppy and run setup without cd rom support,this will maintain your MBR for dual boot setup.

Collapse -

by galehickey2 In reply to

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

by galehickey2 In reply to Re-install 2000

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)