General discussion

Rebooting a windows 2000 server

By damonguy ·
We are running a twin Win2K Citrix farm to deliver services to the public. We have experienced a number of problems which seem to settle down if we reboot the server daily. I want to reboot it in the middle of the night on automatic schedule. Can anyone help with this?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by F-Baer In reply to Rebooting a windows 2000 ...

you can use shutdown.exe with taskmanager or the "at" command. but reboot server daily is not a good way. so what is the problem why you must reboot??

Collapse -

by damonguy In reply to Rebooting a windows 2000 ...

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

We have set up a third party system for managing the public use of the internet on our terminals. Unfortunately we get files hanging up in the cpu which cannot be removed - the system obviously thinks they are in use (they are not, the citrix session has ended). These hung files are then impacting on the server performance and gradually causing problems until the system crashes. The process seems to be overcome by regular reboots.

Collapse -

Collapse -

by Rvickers78 In reply to Rebooting a windows 2000 ...

I have citrix here too and I have to reboot it daily also to re-establish connections. One of my friends who company is a licensed help center for citrix, said its a well known problem to reboot during the day. The way you get around it is have a farm going with 2 or more servers and at noon every day, reboot one and then when that comes back up, reboot the other one at like 2pm. I know there are some .com programs out there to reboot and you would use the task manager to run those, but thoseare more for playing jokes on others. You would be better to reboot them right at the beginning of the day or right at the end of the day. Good reason to come in later or leave early.

Collapse -

Collapse -

This question was auto-closed because it is 90 days old

Back to Windows Forum
7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)