Question

Recover Exchange 2003 Mailbox - One User at multiple backup points

By adrian.miller ·
Here's a bone for you all to chew. I have to investigate the activities of former staff who have had some very liberal activities with their calendar. Now we can confirm a few items that do not match to the Timesheets & Billing.

Thankfully we have monthly backup tapes encompassing everything from our server. There are only 25 staff so it's easy to backup.

What I am trying to do is to restore the calendars from backup tapes for each mailbox EXCEPT I need the calendars from each backup to be separate so we can compare the changes between restoration(backup) dates.

Thing is we are suspicious of entry deletion from the calendar. i.e. we need the calendar for joe blogs from July, August and September to be on a separate window to allow comparison.

Would anyone suggest making up extra mailboxes such as joe-July, joe-August & joe-September then importing from the tapes > restoring somehow then view the calendars together therefore matching them up?

Hopefully if we can restore each calendar and match it up, note down the discrepancies then we are able to spot irregularities then take legal action.

Don't stress about the legal side, this is within our scope and I am only after some technical help. Our lawyer has given approval to ask here

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

EXMERGE

by james.helman In reply to Recover Exchange 2003 Mai ...

I would suggest that you use the recovery message store to bring back the data then use EXMERGE to export the mailbox in question to a PST. Date each PST with the date of the backup it came from. This way to can easily hand it your legal team.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&familyid=429163EC-DCDF-47DC-96DA-1C12D67327D5

Back to Networks Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)