General discussion


Registry changes

By rmodd99 ·
How can I replace a word in a value or keyword in the registry automatically, with out doing a search for the word. For example, I want to change all the values and keys that have the word XXXstatus in them to YYYstatus. Does anyone have a script to do this for me.


This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by Ann777 In reply to Registry changes

Best option would be to setup 1234.reg files with each of the changes that you need to make to the registry and then puttine each of those in a batch file and running them in a GPO.

I'd be mighty leary of any program or script that automatically does a search and replace through my registry files....

Collapse -

by Curacao_Dejavu In reply to Registry changes

Hi use the resourcekit tool called regfind which you can find in the Microsoft Windows 2000 Server Resource Kit Supplement One.

the second best thing that I found is regcrawler.


Collapse -

by rmodd99 In reply to

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

by rmodd99 In reply to Registry changes

This question was closed by the author

Related Discussions

Related Forums