I have a new project to help a friend with and I need help planning and implementing Remote Access Services on Windows 2000 Server. I have never done this before, however I have been reading up plenty. I am also proficent in Windows 2000. But I alsoplace a lot of faith in the TechRepublic Community…
What Needs to Happen: When completed I would like to be able to connect seamlessly via the internet to a remote Windows 2000 server computer and map drives, do work and email just like I would from a local machine.
What I have: Win2K Server, Remote Win2k laptop (Device I want to use from home), 5 static IP address’s from my DSL ISP, LinkSys Router and Firewall.
Questions I have:
Can anyone provide me with the steps they would use to setthis up?
What services need to be running on the server?
Do I need a 3rd party client (Nortel VPN, etc.) or does Windows 2000 server support this natively
Any trcky stuff I need to look out for?