General discussion

Remote admin W2000 to W9x

By ErnieJ ·
When our office network used Win 9x only I used the remote administration facility available in the Passwords applet in control panel to access the hard drives of remote machines (as C$). We now have a few W2000pro machines, is it possible to accessthe W9x pc's in the same way? It was v. useful for remote backup & routine file maintenance.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by quintar51 In reply to Remote admin W2000 to W9x

You should still be able to do that. As long as the hard drives as shared, and if you still want them hidden, add the $ sign after.

hope that answers your question.

Collapse -

by ErnieJ In reply to Remote admin W2000 to W9x

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

by avswamy In reply to Remote admin W2000 to W9x

first of all clear it , you only want to see the hard drives only or you want to manage the systems. if you want to manage the system at os level then there are other softwares to control the systems at os level, are humming bird remote control withthese softwares you can have the same desktop as at where u sit and see the remote desktop screen and work like your system and do what ever you like if you have sufficient right.

for example in win2k server we use ts(terminal server) with this we see the server screen at my desktop and configure what i wish.
i hope this will help you.

Collapse -

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)