General discussion

Replicating Exchange 2000 & Exchange 5.5

By Arsenio ·
I am trying to replicate an Exchange 2000 Site with an Exchange 5.5 SP3 Site. I create an ADC Agreement but everytime it replicates I get Event I 8290.
"The ADC cannot replicate CN=Michael,CN=Jordan,DC=bulls,DC=com. The site that the object belongs in is read only on the connected Exchange 5.5 Server. If
another connection agreement can replicate this object to a 5.5 server in
the correct site, then ignore this message."

Any guess? Am I doing the right thing.
Thanks!
arsenio sanchez

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by west_jr In reply to Replicating Exchange 2000 ...

My advice to you is to. Delete the ADC connections that you have made and start again, Make sure that the 5.5 is in the same site as the Exchange 2000 system. Make sure that you are using the ADC that came with Exchange as the version that ships with windows does not have the extensions available to replicate info from 5.5. The other thing you can look at is Active Directory its self. Did you run the Forestprep and Domainprep utils with exchange 2000 to extend the Shema files for Active Directory for your site ?. Also try to setup the ADC's so they are replicating one way, thats if you are not using your 5.5 server for mail. or set thaem up for bidirectional. I have found that the Replicate now function does not work properly and I had to leave it to run overnight. Also check the LDAP port setting on your 5.5 server and make sure that you are not using the default, change it to something else and make sure that you have the right port number on your ADC's.

Collapse -

by Arsenio In reply to Replicating Exchange 2000 ...

Thaks for your answer but I have already done all your suggestions without success. From the re-creation of the ADC to the forest and domain prep. The only thing that you mention and is different for my case is that the Exchange 2000 and the Exchange 5.5 are in the same Organization and not in the same site.

Collapse -

Point value changed by question poster.

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)