General discussion

Resetting a Dell Optiplex GX110 Bios Password

By eraser3498 ·
I recently purchased a Dell Optiplex GX110 PC from a school and I was not give the password for the BIOS setup. I tried taking out the battery but no luck there is also no jumper for resettin the BIOS. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestion of how to reset get the password for the BIOS. Phoenix Bios Dell Bios version A02. Any help is greatly appreicated.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

15 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by BFilmFan In reply to Resetting a Dell Optiplex ...

Call Dell Support and they should be able to assist you with resetting that password.

Generally, removing power and the CMOS backup battery will resolve that issue, but not always.

Collapse -

by eraser3498 In reply to

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

by ghimpe-- In reply to Resetting a Dell Optiplex ...

Remove both CMOS battery and mains cord.(even with the computer shut down there still is +5v feeding the mobo.)

Depending on the computer you have to wait from 5 minutes to a week for the BIOS to reset to default.

GooD LucK.

Collapse -

Collapse -

Remove both CMOS battery and mains cord.(even with the computer shut down there still is +5v feeding the mobo.)

Depending on the computer you have to wait from 5 minutes to a week for the BIOS to reset to default.

GooD LucK.

Collapse -

Collapse -

GooD LucK.

Collapse -

Collapse -

GooD LucK.

Collapse -

Back to Hardware Forum
15 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next